Is It Better Where We Are? (letter)

Dear ____________________

I told you I like you just last week, and we told each other that nothing will change between us. We will still be tight, and we are! But I really do wish that something changed between us. Because then I would know that I have some sort of effect in your life. I would then know that I’m not one of the many girls who told you they like you, which you just brush off to the side. You told me that I was important to you, that I mean something to you, that you have a place in your heart for me, but you gave away your whole heart to someone else. And she is perfect for you; you can’t do better than her. I play a small role in your life, that’s why you want to stay just friends. I’m fine with being nothing more than friends, don’t get me wrong! But did you ever what we would be like now if things really did change between us???
Love with all my heart,
Lucy

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

You should be very proud that you told him. It takes a lot of guts.

My advice is stay close and no matter how much it hurts, be there cuz if you really care ur doing everything right and you saidit all in this piece.