Same Sex Marriage | Teen Ink

Same Sex Marriage

August 21, 2011
By Anonymous

Same sex marriage. Everyone has heard about it, many people are fine with it, yet many people disagree greatly with it. I think it is extremely wrong to not allow someone to be married just because they are in love with the same sex. A lot of people disagree with it due to religion. It seems because of religion, there are so many problems out there! If you are against same sex marriage because of your religion, you are not the one getting married to the same sex most likely, so it shouldn’t be a big problem. People fall in love with people, gender shouldn’t matter at all.


Same sex couples wanting to wed are already in a relationship, so why can’t they make it legal? If everything was backwards, not allowing opposite sex couples to get married, I would be so offended and hurt! Not being able to marry someone I love and care for so much, that really hurts. If you are against same sex marriage, it shouldn’t even bother you at all! What if millions of people were against you getting married to someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, just because of gender, reasons that don’t involve them? Wouldn’t that kill you inside? If I could ever live a day where no one judged a single soul because of who they are, then maybe I could finally be proud of the world we live in.

The author's comments:
This piece is just my opinion, an opinion I hope I can make a difference with.