Same Sex Marriges. | Teen Ink

Same Sex Marriges.

By rubby134 BRONZE, Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
rubby134 BRONZE, Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania

"The opposite of war isn't peace, It's creation." -Mark Cohen

If you ask me, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with same-sex marriage.
Some people think that two people of the same sex getting married is sinning, and wrong with God. But first of all, not everybody is religious. Yes, for certain people it may be against their religion, but not others. If it’s against your religion, don’t try and tell the person they’re wrong because everyone was put here for a reason. Second of all, not every homosexual and heterosexual chooses to be the way they are. Some of them are born with it, and others choose it as a way of life. And lastly, it shouldn’t matter what your sexual orientation is. If two people of the same sex want to get married, let them do it. It’s their life, not yours, so let them do what they want with it. There are only 6 states in the USA that legalized same-sex marriages. If we fight for this, then eventually we’ll get that number up, and the entire country will legalize same-sex marriages.
“Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?” ~Ernest Gaines

I hope people that read this will understand that just because you're different, doesn't mean you're not a good person.

on Aug. 11 2011 at 1:30 am
ThePeaceDaisy BRONZE, Albany, New York

“Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.” - Unknown
I will change this every week!

I totally agree. And I love that quote at the end! It's so true.