Equal Marriage

It's in the news.Heard all over your school campus. Even in books.

Equal Marriage.

You get the strong believers that say;No Gay marriage. It's a sin,It's wrong. They start slamming Bible verses down..but have they ever thought of the fact that Jesus said that those who Judge is Equally of sin? No they don't,all they see is a perfectly happy gay couple,and immediately start going "Oh these people are sinning".

My personal Opinion on all of this is,They are not hurting you or others why get upset? Their happy,their not going around saying"Man and woman marriage is wrong" are they? so let them be married and happy,let them have a family.

I mean you Hear constantly about teens who commit suicide because someone herd they are gay or lesbian or even Bi,and they were teased merciless. Seriously,to the point they didn't want to be alive anymore. How sad is that? they wont ever get married,have kids whether it is through adoption or what not.They don't get to do there dream job,all because someone felt they needed to tease them because they were gay.

Adult gay couples can receive the same amount of hate. It's sad how people treat others,Shouldn't everyone receive the same amount of equality and be treated the same? Isn't that the reason why we have America to a point? So we could have freedom for religion,so we could have freedom in Law and who rules America? Everyone should be treated the way you would want to be treated,with freedom to do what you want and Equality.

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm:
Your passion on this topic clearly shows through in your writing. Beautiful work, I love how you discussed the simple reasons as to why we need to accept gay marriage. You also provided some excellent examples to support your opinion. So it was good! It sounds like you've already heard the grammar spiel a lot, so I won't rub it in, but like WritingSpasms, I'm going to give it 4 out of 5 stars. But that still means I like it!

Hippiealien replied...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 11:36 am :
Thank you! :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm:
I like the way you present this, and you do a pretty good job of giving examples and such, but I do have to agree with CarrieAnn13 about the spacing and capitalization. That's the thing that bothered me the most in this piece. Everything else was good. :)

tikapeek97 said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:58 am:
Your article was well written. I personally don't agree with what it was about. I beleve that one man and one woman should get married, but all together it was well written

WritingSpasms said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm:

It was nice that you stated the positives of equal treatment and the negatives of unequal treatment. I liked how you presented the opinions of the opposers of equal marriage and the defendants of equal marriage. And you were very strong when it came to expressing your opinion :)

Overall, I'll rate it four out of five stars because of some incorrect grammar usage that someone else already mentioned. No point in me repeating. Forgive me! I'm such a grammar geek! xD

Hippiealien replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
Thanks,and yes i noticed right when it got approved that i didn't go over and edit o.o lol

WritingSpasms said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm:

So the positives. You showed the sides of those who opposed gay marriage and those who defended gay marriage quite well. You spoke your opinion also, which was very important and very good. You spoke of the benefits of equal treament for gays and bis, and the negatives of unequal treatment (the suicides and other stuff).

Overall, I liked it. I'll give you four out of five stars, because of some incorrect grammar usage. I think they've already been mentioned by someone else. Forgive me,... (more »)

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 3:31 pm:

Okay, first of all, I’ll give you criticism, then I’ll say what you’re doing right.

1.  Work on your spacing.  There are two spaces between a period and the next word and there is one space after a comma, colon and semicolon.

2.  You don’t need to capitalize ‘judge’, ‘equally’, ‘opinion’, ‘hear’, ‘bi’, ‘shouldn’t’ and ‘law’.  These words are not p... (more »)

Hippiealien replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 5:37 pm :
No problem,thanks for the help. I noticed that when it got approved that I didn't bother with editing.. -.- lol