This I Believe

I believe in people being able to love who ever they want without judgment. Like lgbt people (lesbian, gay, bi, and transgender.) I also believe in people being able to show their true colors. I also believe in people not using anti-gay slurs like saying that so gay as an insult, or other homophobic language. I believe in acceptance.

This belief is important to me because I have two moms and I know a lot of lgbt people. When I hear other people using anti-gay slurs it hurts me because there talking about my family, you hurt one you hurt all. When people use those anti gay slurs it makes me madder then I’ve ever gotten because that’s where I am from. I grew up in a gay family and I am proud of it. Where I’m from, made me who I am to day. I am some one who is open to everybody no matter where they are from or what there beliefs are.

This belief is important because I think it is sad when people can't accept that some people chose to love those of the same gender. It does not matter who you love as long as you love them unconditionally. That’s why I don't really tell people that I have two moms. Not that I am ashamed of where I am from, as I said above. I just care what people think too much.

One time when I got really upset with the use of the term “that's so gay” was when one of the so called popular kids said, “Ughh this is so gay; we have nothing to do.” I wanted to tell them that I have two moms but I refrain because I already get bullied no need to make it worse then it already is. And you know how it is these days with peer pressure, and even though by standing up for what is right you know you are doing the right thing, you may not do it, because of fear of what others might. But in the long run it will make you feel so much better.

I feel really fortunate to have the kind of family I do because I am very open all kinds of people and their way of life. People judged on based on their gender, race or who they chose to love. That is why I joined my schools GSA (gay straight alliance group) so that I could help others being bullied because of who they love. I feel very strongly about this topic. I believe in not judging by where you are from, what you look like, or what your sexual or gender identity is.

gleek1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 10:46 am:
Thanks for the wonderful comments yeah it means a lot too me

Kobalt said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 2:13 pm:
This is a very sad situation in our world today.  Knowing a person cant be who the are or want to be.  Many people in this world have fought for this beautiful thing called freedom.  Yet they prosecute others for using such a thing that was one.

secretlypoetic said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm:
I agree with everything you said, and I wish my school had a GSA. People get bullied for gayness so much that they have to hide it from others. Soem of my work also talks about this kind of thing, maybe you could read it? Also, the novel Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult covers this issue and is very interesting. I just finished it.