Do you need to love someone? | Teen Ink

Do you need to love someone?

By HeelsOverHead BRONZE, Frisco, Texas
HeelsOverHead BRONZE, Frisco, Texas

"Whatever you do in life is insignificant, but it is important that you do it"-Ghandi

My answer: NO. I am completely horrified with the world today and our view on love, or lack there of. As an eighteen year old girl, love seems to be my constant fixation. I am continuously asking myself if love is worth it, or if it even exists in its purest form. Society has created a flawed view for younger generations, making one-night stands and lousy relationships acceptable. Therefore, I, as a romantic, am taking a stand. Why should I have to give up on the hope of unconditional love just because society isn't patient enough to allow it to unfold? 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 begins with what? Love is patient. We must be willing to wait in order to receive God's greatest gift on earth, requited love. Have I been in love? Hard to say. I believe I was once, but it wasn't the way God intended love to be shared. The love I and my ex-boyfriend shared was more of what's referred to as "teenage love", or love thats mostly centered around obsession for one another, not really acceptance of flaws and true understanding. So, do you need to love someone? I think that question is up to the relationship shared between an individual and God. I must say though, it is rather discouraging to watch the relationships of my friends fall to pieces over and over again. Maybe love in it's purest form is nothing but shared and accepted pain from previous failures to find it.God has a plan for everyone, and maybe true love is only given out to those who can truly handle the good and the bad that comes along with it. For now, the waiting game will have to do. Relationships will not flourish if an individual can't function alone. I believe that unless i'm able to be okay with just God's love alone, then the love of a man will never be enough to fulfill what it is i'm searching for. Again, just my perception of the word "love".

MagicPen GOLD said...
MagicPen GOLD, Victorville, California

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"

Amen! Love your article. I agree 100%