Christianity v.s. GLBT Movement | Teen Ink

Christianity v.s. GLBT Movement

Okay, so I've given this a lot of thought, and I personally think that being gay isn't a sin. But obviously, I'm not everyone.

So, this is what I believe should happen.

First of all, we need to legalize gay marriage. This is a nation that does not have a specific religion. We CANNOT base our laws on Christianity.

But before any of you Christians get mad, let me finish.

Some of the GLBT Movement get a lot of trash from the Christians. But it goes both ways. People don't realize that people also get discriminated against for being against homosexuality.

Since no one will EVER agree on this issue, I think that you should think of it this way.

LET IT BE.

If you're Christian, and you don't believe in homosexuality, then you can believe it, and you can say so, you don't have to hide what you believe. Just don't be mean about it. Don't tell people they're going to hell. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the bible to hate the sin, but not the person.

And vice versa. If you're bi or gay and someone says they don't believe in homosexuality, it doesn't mean they don't believe in you. It doesn't mean they don't like you.

I realize that we'll probably never agree, but I hope we can at least compromise! :)

I hope that everyone can keep an open mind when reading this!

realize that we'll probably never agree, but I hope we can at least compromise! :)