No one loves in the 7th grade | Teen Ink

No one loves in the 7th grade

By Mmmgirl2 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Mmmgirl2 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Love. Do we truly understand it's meaning when were teenagers. We'd all like to think so. I believe that today’s teens actually don’t know the meaning of love when were so young. How can you when we're still growing up. Your supposed to love yourself before you love someone else. How can you do that when your still trying to figure out what you want to do in life. Still trying to figure out what your passion is.

I'm sure we all care about some one a lot. The only people we do love no matter what is are family. That's because we've known are family for the majority of our lives. We know that are family will always be there for you no matter what. That’s what love is. Knowing someone is always going to be there for you on your darkest day.

Love isn't something that you write on your friends paper to be cute. Or send in a text to your boyfriend or girlfriend. If you truly loved someone you would show them instead of texting it to them or making it their facebook status.

Who are the people you know love you, how do they show it? Is it because they wrote happy birthday on your facebook wall with a smiley face next to it. Instead is it someone who called you up to say happy birthday and talked with you for a half hour.

I think teens take the word(s) I love you or just love to lightly. In my experience those words are most often said when some one want to get out of trouble. It's effective too, how can you get made at some one who says that to you. There’s not much you can say to that. Before you believe that say this to yourself, how do they show it.

In the end no one loves in the 7th Grade.

Looking around I see this every day.