The Boy Who Never Called

There’s a lot on my mind like I’m sure there’s a lot on yours. I’m writing this half for myself, and half for you. Getting over a guy is never easy, trust me I know from personal experience, but just have faith. True love does exist. You see it in movies, your best friend talks about it all the time, so why can’t you find it? It appears to be everywhere, but never close enough to hold on to. You think it’s you that’s the problem when really, it’s nobody’s fault. You might not find love today or tomorrow, but true love will come.

I know what it feels like. You’re falling for a guy, and you’re up thinking about him all night. Just a simple text would reassure you that he feels the same way. But he won’t text, he won’t call. You’ve known something has been different lately, but you don’t know why. So you decide to text him and ask what’s been wrong, he doesn’t reply. What do you do now? It’s obvious that the guy you’re falling for is done with you without giving you any explanation. You know this, but all you what is to make things better…

It’s been months now, and you still haven’t talked. You’re finally starting to get over him. Then, randomly on a Wednesday night, he tells you to come meet him outside. It’s pouring outside and he kisses you in the rain… But I’m sure this isn’t your story, it’s mine. The biggest mistake I made was letting myself believe that if I saw him one more time he’d change his mind. He didn’t though, he didn’t even call the next day. Sometimes to find true love, you have to let go of the past.

Mackenzie P. said...
Wow. Great essay :) i know exactly how you feel, he said that he'd call the next day, and sooner or later the whole Summer's gone... Thank goodness for Taylor Swift :) haha

travelbuff13 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 9:59 am
Sheesh,I'm a guy and i still love it

Nicole L. said...
KristaNicole36, you are truly an inspiration. I can assure you if your "Boy Who Never Called" read this, he would regret everything he has ever done to you because sweetheart, everybody kn,ows you are amazing! (and now you have your permit just saying) haha love you!