The Boy Who Never Called | Teen Ink

The Boy Who Never Called

February 4, 2011
By KristaNicole36 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
KristaNicole36 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There’s a lot on my mind like I’m sure there’s a lot on yours. I’m writing this half for myself, and half for you. Getting over a guy is never easy, trust me I know from personal experience, but just have faith. True love does exist. You see it in movies, your best friend talks about it all the time, so why can’t you find it? It appears to be everywhere, but never close enough to hold on to. You think it’s you that’s the problem when really, it’s nobody’s fault. You might not find love today or tomorrow, but true love will come.

I know what it feels like. You’re falling for a guy, and you’re up thinking about him all night. Just a simple text would reassure you that he feels the same way. But he won’t text, he won’t call. You’ve known something has been different lately, but you don’t know why. So you decide to text him and ask what’s been wrong, he doesn’t reply. What do you do now? It’s obvious that the guy you’re falling for is done with you without giving you any explanation. You know this, but all you what is to make things better…

It’s been months now, and you still haven’t talked. You’re finally starting to get over him. Then, randomly on a Wednesday night, he tells you to come meet him outside. It’s pouring outside and he kisses you in the rain… But I’m sure this isn’t your story, it’s mine. The biggest mistake I made was letting myself believe that if I saw him one more time he’d change his mind. He didn’t though, he didn’t even call the next day. Sometimes to find true love, you have to let go of the past.

The author's comments:
What inspired me to write this piece was that I was hurt by a boy and I felt like I needed to get it out, i needed to tell somebody. I want other girls to know that they are not alone. Even though my story my not be exactly like there's may be, I'm positive they will be able to relate. Every girl has that one "Boy Who Never Called."