The Truth to Love | Teen Ink

The Truth to Love

By Vic18 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Vic18 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Millions of people watch movies about love and relationships. The movie industry leads many people into thinking that one day a prince or princess will come. Also that they will live happily ever after once they overcome a single obstacle in their life. Movies make the viewers believe in perfection, but in reality nothing is ever perfect.

For example the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast", Belle's only problem she had to work through was getting the beast to love. And yes she was trapped there but in the end she fell in love with beast and lived happily ever after. When in reality if held captive in a "beast's" home, getting him to love would not be the solution. Escaping from the creep would be the real answer to living happily ever after or living at all for that matter.

Fortunately not all movies make you believe in fairytales. Like the movie "He's Just Not That into You", tells the audience how relationships truly work. Plus in this movie they show the actual and real problems couples face each and every day. And how it may not be the easiest thing in the world and it's not always perfect. And yes in the end they do all find that special someone and the movie ends on a happy note but the whole point of the movie is to show how much work it is and there just isn't one single problem that can be fixed, it's multiple problems.

Movies are way different than the real world. Some show you the fairytales and a few show the real deal in the aspects of love. Relationships are a tough to conquer and they take a lot of work and communication. Also there are many problems that take place because no one is perfect and everyone has their own opinions, but if there's two people that really love each other and are understanding then it could end up like the movies, but probably not.