Abstinence | Teen Ink

Abstinence

By Chelsea45 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Chelsea45 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

A survey taken in 2003 showed that the average age of teenager’s “first time” is 16. This puts the teenager around the 10th grade, a sophomore in high school. That was completely shocking to me! The first thought that popped into my head was parents. Where are these kids’ parents? Are the parents allowing it? Parents should promote abstinence to their teenagers not provide contraception.

I believe teenagers should remain abstinent. When these teenagers go around and sleep with multiply partners it messes up their emotions. It can cause attachment issues and a whole other slew of problems. I also believe that sex before marriage is wrong. The first book of Thessalonians 4:3 states, “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality” Lastly, if you stay abstinent then you don’t have to worry about unexpected pregnancy. Abstinence is the best form of birth control.

One of the contributing factors of teenagers having sex to early is their parents. It is absolutely ridiculous that there are parents out there giving their kids birth control and condoms. Contraception can have dangerous effects if used prematurely. I personally think it is irresponsible parenting. Sex is meant for adults who are in love in a committed relationship.

Parents should promote abstinence to their teenagers not provide contraception. I believe God gave teenagers parents so that they can guide us through life. Teenagers are still young and naïve and they need help despite what they might think. If parents are giving out condoms like it is no big deal then they aren’t doing their job.

THE BEAST said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 8:37 am
。品作的人诗的艺多才多个一着志标,义意的深更到遇会不远永将们他,诗的你想想来下停有没们他果如。下一考思来下停会不定肯们他,诗的你读阅去得懒也们他果如。行整成完们他看有没至甚,成完以可就们人,作写调滥词陈的悉熟很来起听为因。义意的闷沉调滥词陈
 )。泪眼掉地聊无你猜我˙˙˙全调滥词陈了满充段一这,到意注有没还你果如( 。事通普的面上在示显是不家作为认们他,缘边的调滥词陈与作工的整完个一到看们他当。创原要需情事何任做,了巴尾的她或他直一者笔道知们他,作工的调滥词陈有没个一到看们他当。升上范规作工的述上到看望希们他。才人性造创的值价的人。调滥词陈作工通沟的始原据根
 。口胃倒:物食盘老个一像就作工的调滥词陈满充个一
 。的来原了到不找也再们人,次多很于用被已它为因,谈常生老是仔牛”侠行独“,如例。谋阴或,型类符字,题主量过意随以可调滥词陈。)841特诺迈(”调滥词陈的度尺大个一在是符字票股和式模节情的悉熟“ 。素元学文用滥他其了绍介还化点
 。)504作写,剧戏和说小,歌诗在:型类三(。达表的性喻隐非但,用滥被“,个每,和,的正真和试尝,如诸述描来用被也词个这˙˙˙ 。量力的字文的改修经未个一是不也,喻比的动生鲜新不既个一了供提它音高男的义意何任论无˙˙˙献贡出作再会不辆车的用使度过从,悉熟此如得变经已喻比或喻隐个一“:为义定调滥词陈特诺迈芬蒂斯

The beast said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 8:35 am
Hey Yal BE TROLLIN!

on Mar. 18 2011 at 8:13 am
ShattererofWorlds BRONZE, Swampscott, Massachusetts
While i agree that sex should be part of a committed relationship i think that should teens decide to be sexually active that their parents should provide the means to have sex safely. for a parent to deny teens the ability to have sex safely is wrong.

on Mar. 15 2011 at 2:29 pm
Monica Spooner BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Teens should be able to make their own decisions. If teens want to be sexually active, it is their responsibility to use protection. Parents are smart to help their kids get protection, because no matter what parents say kids will do what they want to do. Plus, not everyone looks at this from a religious view.

Delete2013 said...
on Mar. 13 2011 at 2:46 pm
Delete2013, Anytown, Virginia
So true. Irresponisble parenting is leading so many people astray.