What Is Love?

The words "I Love You" are meaningless, Yet I hear it all the time and ever since i was little i knew to fear those words. When I was little i heard my mom and dad say i love you all the time to each other- when i was three they got divorced. Later on my mom and dad met mom new people. My mom met my alcoholic step-dad they said i love you all the time yet my mom hates him and wants to kill him. My dad met my step-mom. Now i hear them yelling at each other for the stupidest reasons. I read these books that have love and most end in a bad way and the ones that end in happily ever after you know are complete lies. So What Is "Love" because I've never seen it

I feel better now that that's out of my system.

on Feb. 6 2011 at 10:34 pm
HisPurePrincess ELITE, Flemington, New Jersey

love is giving yourself to another.  is that what you mean?  i'm sorry.  love is the hand on your shoulder, your hand on another's shoulder.  love is the "good job!"  said by others or said by you.  love is a hug, is a friend, is what I'm trying to show you here.  have some love, I offer it to you.

the words "I love you" aren't meaningless.  it depends on who says them.  if you say them, do you say them lightly or with meaning?  if you don't try to put meaning behind the words, they're just sound that comes out of your mouth.  do don't give up hope on love.  it's out there, and to find it, the best way is to offer it.

Swoon Reads

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!