The Magic of Love | Teen Ink

The Magic of Love

January 28, 2011
By McCali SILVER, Park City, Utah
McCali SILVER, Park City, Utah
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

How do we know what love is? It is a little piece of magic to me. It is the ability to care so much about a person that you are willing to risk your life for them. It is the feeling of complete safety and trust in someone. It is the great thankfulness for an object or a person, and the realization that you would rather not live without it. Love is defined in so many ways that it is hard to describe it in a single book. People have many different opinions of this word called love. I don’t think it can be defined. All I know that when in love with someone, it is the most wonderful feeling.

How do you know when you are in love? Is there in age minimum to being in love? Adults act like teenagers are unable to feel love for each other. The love that flows from a child at a young age is, i believe, the purest form of love. The love without lust. As a teenager it can be confusing and hard to define what love is. All we know is that a beautiful feeling inside of us is attached with the words “I love you.” It is a wanting to be with a person forever and to just want the best for that person. Someone once told me that you know when you are in love when all the songs make sense. So for now that is how I’m going to tell.


The author's comments:
I just started writing... then this came out of it and when my friends said that they really liked it and that it touched them that I should publish it.