Can Siblings be Sweet Sour or Both? | Teen Ink

Can Siblings be Sweet Sour or Both?

January 13, 2011
By Jules97 BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
Jules97 BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Today you achieve tomorrow you succeed.


“Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know that whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” -Ami Li
This is a very accurate and effective quote. But, sometimes you wish that your siblings could just fall off the side off the earth.

Can siblings be hard to deal with? I think the answer is both ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ Here are some examples that some show how it can be both easy and hard living with siblings who can vex you or be a good addition to your life.

I have two sisters; a younger sister and an older one. This is the only reason why I am always getting into trouble, because we always seem to argue and fight. Some of the time it is my fault, though other times it is not.
However, when I talk about my sisters being sweet, it means multiple things to me. One, is that we have many great “sister moments” and memories that we will all remember. Siblings can be loving, like if you get something new. One example of this is that if something big or important is going on in the whole family, like family reunions, we know that we need to make sure that we are getting along, no matter what. Another example is when you get up on the right side of the bed land then we will all be in a good mood and will all get along. The last example is when my older sister has to chauffeur me around, so I have to make sure that I am on my best behavior in order to get a ride.
When it comes to thinking of my sisters being sour, you may wonder what I’m talking about. Well, I will tell you. Have you gotten into a fight with your siblings? You know when you get into trouble even though you don't anything? This is what vexes me the most about siblings. Getting into trouble is now one of my specialties, but only for one reason; my older and younger sisters like to argue with me, annoy me, and get me into trouble.
For example, one of my sisters can make really annoying noises. I will ask her nicely if she could please stop. But, she will just keep going and going, making those noises, until after a while it gets really, really old. “PLEASE STOP!” She stops for a couple of minutes and then she is back at it again by singing, humming, tapping and making disturbing noises. My other sister texts on her phone so loudly that you can pretty much hear everything she is typing on her touch screen phone. Mind bogoling, brain racing, I hold in all the anger before I start to screem.
I try very hard not to get angry with them and fight with them. But one thing that is bad is that after after being calm with them, a couple of days later I will start getting mad at them and then they yell at me. So my goal is to learn to try and not let the things they do annoy me.
I took a survey and all the kids with siblings said that their siblings can be both sweet and sour. So this must answer your question. Can siblings be both easy and hard to deal with? I think so.