True Beauty

By , Grand Rapids, MI
I see it every day- the pretty, popular girls wear tight clothes and makeup and date every kid in the school. They find a boyfriend, dump him, and start going out with someone else all in one day. The guys that dump their girlfriends the second they meet a hotter girl. They flirt with every girl alive then crush their hearts. When will we learn to recognize true beauty?

Inner beauty isn’t having the cutest clothes or being the best athlete. True beauty is something deep within that shines out. You can see true beauty in the kids who spend Saturday night volunteering at the hospital. The girl who spends hours raising money for a homeless shelter. The boy who misses out on football practice in order to work part time and support
his siblings. I see inner beauty every day, inside each one of us.

When will we realize that beauty isn’t plastic surgery or big muscles? True beauty is honesty, patience, purity, loyalty, trustworthiness, and compassion. It is something within all of us, sometimes deep down, sometimes right on the surface. Often, we spend more time working on our outer appearance than the more important beauty within. If you have inner beauty, you don’t need flashy clothes. True beauty is love for life and for others. When we start showing inner beauty rather than outer, we will make this world a better place.

musiclover114 said...
Feb. 6, 2011 at 9:28 am
 I LOVE THIS!!!! Its so true...i completely agree! Please keep writing!