LOVE?

“I love you” ,“I miss you”, “ We will always be together, forever”. Days pass. Weeks pass. A small fight, but it’s ok, its small. Months pass. “I love you”, “I miss you”, “We will always be together forever”.

BAM!!!!!!!! “ I hate you”, “ you ruined my life”, ”I don't want anything to do with you”. . . . The word “Love” gets tossed around like a rag doll. Love isn’t just being committed and having a strong relationship. What is the meaning of love?...Is it something only in dreams?....Is it something in movie screens?...Most teens don't know what the meaning is. They just say it to say it.

LOVE: Unselfish concern that freely accepts another in loyalty and seeks his good. It Is a beautiful feeling and elegant.

Teens are feeling infatuated. Infatuated-To be inspired with an intense but short-lived passion for admiration.

Love can mend your heart,

Love can burn your heart.

Love can save your life,

Love can drown you inside.
Love is confusing. Most 8th graders agree with me. I talked to an anonymous 8th grader and, she thinks that love is when you can see a future with that person. She says that she has been in love maybe 7-8 times and they left her.

People having their heart broken is natural. Everybody gets their heart broken in life. Most people get over it. Some are stupid enough to commit suicide.

Infatuation is everywhere around you. This life would not be complete without “Infatuation” and “Love”. So just ask yourself are you in “love” or ‘infatuated”?

zero_123 said...
in all honesty? i have been with the same guy for almost three years. i am infantaly happy and i cant belive that some people kill themselvs over someone they dated for one month or so. love can be confuseing to someone whos in lust. but for me? love is not something you need, not what you want.....but the ultimate respect for someone. it is very well written though. wonderful job

MattsGurl replied...
Dec. 7, 2010 at 9:33 am :
Thank you very much!!!

chocolatedaii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree!I see girls walking around depressed about what they thought was"love." Sometimes their love can last for a long time but maybe it's for something other than love like lust.

jones(: said...
i think this is so true ! i falling in love twice , my ex boyfriend broke up with me for no reasons an i was heart broken for mouths , but the one in falling in love now is my boyfriend well my husband . i love him to death , we always say we love each other an we miss each other , an he tells me all the time that im his last girlfriend which makes me the happiest girl in the world ! my boyfriend has trouble finding the right girl in hes life an he tells e... (more »)

MattsGurl replied...
Dec. 2, 2010 at 9:36 am :
Ya i am with my boy friend i am in the same situation and i have been with him 3 months and almost 4!!! I love my baby matt!!

AngelGirl said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 9:56 am:
this is a really good article

MattsGurl said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 9:35 am:
I can see where you are coming from i geuss.

messofadreamer13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

*gone

and i think it's never a good idea to judge untill you have been put in the shoes of the person.

I think that people who have a perfect lifewould never commit suicide. and wanting too, is a really scary feeling. Most of the time when ppl kill themselves isn't because they are stupid or selfish, its because they have gine through things almost impossible to stand, and usually  it is the fault of the ones around them.

TheMascot replied...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 10:17 am :
i disagree

TheMascot said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 10:20 am:
to replyto angellikaseto or whatever i think that suicide is giving up. you cant bear it anymore and you faild. so suicide is for losers

MattsGurl said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 10:09 am:
I know it is selfish but i think it is at least a little stupid to.and NightOwl thanks i do my best!! :-)))))

AngelikaSeton said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 9:22 am:
WHOA!!!!!! whoa ok did i just read that commiting sucide is stupid?? NO it is not stupid it is SELFISH these people are not stupid!! in fact they are anything but!!

NightOwlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think this is so true. Teens need to open their eyes to what's real sometimes. there are times when teens are in love (my parents went to the same highschool and just celebrated their 25 anniversary) but a lot of times they're not.