True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

By volleylm13 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York
volleylm13 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York

Love is undeniable, and when a first love comes along, it’s simply unforgettable. It takes us by surprise and leads us head first, on an amazing journey full of promises, memories, faith and dreams that inspire us. Love teaches us to never give up and to rely on your heart, because what you feel in your heart, because, what you feel in your heart is real.

Many of us underestimate young love, but when it comes around you know it’s there. It’s the first time you kiss and the butterfly’s race through your stomach, and your knees weaken when they walk through the door. It’s when you see them and you can’t help but put the biggest smile on your face. You can’t hold back what you’re feeling and even though at first, sometimes you want to look them in the eyes, you can’t because you know you will be caught daydreaming. And when you’re in love you’re not afraid to share your emotions with each other, because you wonder the same things. The first time you say, “I love you”, your heart drops because you know you felt the same way, but was too afraid to say it first, even though you thought about it every day.
Every moment you’re with that person, you feel safe, comfortable, and loved. All you want to do is to be with that person, holding them tight, and never wanting to let go. Every second your away from them either at practice, school, or work, they’re always on your mind. Before you go to sleep you pray that everything keeps getting better, and one day you will spend forever with them. Trusting becomes easy, because you know the love you have for each other is unbreakable. Love is when you can talk about everything and everything for days, and still have something to say, or laugh about. They are best friends. They are very competitive. They have the same goals and dreams in life. 17 and 18 years old, who would have thought they knew what love feels like, they didn’t, but they knew it was something special. Love is speechless, unexplainable, you just feel it, and it’s endless, it lasts forever and ever.