Young Relationships | Teen Ink

Young Relationships

October 3, 2010
By trica SILVER, Covington, Oklahoma
trica SILVER, Covington, Oklahoma
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Aspire to inspire before you expire."


Do you put all of your time into a relationship? Most teens do this without knowing it. If you do put all of your time into your relationships, you unintentionally exclude yourself from your peers, friends, and family. When and if you do this, do you ever think about how the relationship can end and how you are left feeling? If you invest all of your time and being, and the relationship ends in heartbreak; who is left to support you again? Often teens go into relationships for different reasons. It may be sex, the feeling that you're wanted or simply just to have something to do on a Saturday night. They often give their hearts away while they are young. Then one day you meet your significant other and you have nothing left to give them simply because in your teenage years you let yourself go. What if your spouse has saved his heart specially for you? If you do not gather anything else from this piece, please take this to heart: Take care of your heart while you are young.


The author's comments:
This piece was inspired by a devotion my friends and I did this past year.