The Meaning of Family

When did the meaning and/or value of family change? Family used to mean being there when someone called on you for help with something,eating around the dinner table,and loving the ones that loved you back. Now you are lucky to find a family that does any of that. Over half the kids in america have a broken family and can't tell you the last time they actually spent time with their family. America has given up on the concept of family,and taken to electronics and other things. For many kids the meaning of family is coming in from school and saying hi to mom or dad then going to their room to play video games,talk on the phone,or do absolutly nothig at all. I can't believe that america has let the meaning of family actually slip away like that. Your family is something that should be held close to your heart,and not let go because once they are gone there is nothing you can do to get them back. You should cherish every bit of time you can get with your family and remember that they love you for who and what you are not what you have and you may never find that again.

Jess_Lynn said...
yes we do and sometimes thats the only thing we can do

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
it hurts i know it hurts.. my family is deranged too but you know what?no family is perfect.we all, even the best of us, pick up the shredded pieces of our broken families and do the best we can ;)