True Love? | Teen Ink

True Love?

August 14, 2010
By ticklemepink1941 GOLD, Grayslake, Illinois
ticklemepink1941 GOLD, Grayslake, Illinois
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

True love. Yeah, I believe in it. We’re past the day and time where arranged marriages were the “hot thing”, and we’re at the time where people meet and fall in love. Falling in love. I believe in that too. But how do you do it? How do you find that one? I know that my soulmate is out there somewhere, but considering my relationship status now, I'm not really feelin’ the love. The longer I'm without a long-term boyfriend, the longer I think about it, and the more my standards rise. All I want is to fall in love. I can honestly say that it’s all I think about. Before I go to sleep, I lay there thinking about cute things that my BF and I would do. I know I'm not alone either! But all I’ve been able to think about lately is me being alone, alone for the rest of my entire life. I can’t be alone. I just know that I can’t do it. I'm meant to be with someone else, I know it. I can feel it. Every night it’s like my thoughts are bringing me closer to that person, yet pulling me away. I'm tired or waiting though, and feeling like I'm not good enough. I'm a good apple! I wish someone would hurry up with that ladder so they can pick me from the top of the tree.