I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND

I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND….

I don’t understand why everything teenagers write about these days is love.

It’s like we’re never content with our age or what’s going on in our lives and we miss out on everything that we could be doing with our religion, friends, family, education, improving on skills, reading, and the list could go on and on; the point-we need to accept where we are in life and LIVE it!!!! (according to your authorities standards and for me, it’s God’s standards first and foremost)

I think that if we stopped obsessing over what we don’t have, but instead look at the blessings God has given us through our family or friends, we would realize that there is so much more to life than dreaming about having a boy/girlfriend or if you already have one, just don’t make the world revolve around your relationship…learn to balance out the events in your life. Now this most certainly is NOT an easy task; in fact it most likely takes a lifetime to keep improving at it, and even when we’re 72 we probably won’t have figured it out; but I promise that if you’re doing it correctly you should see improvement and also more wisdom in your decisions and just life!

If you completely disagree with what I’m stating, just go to the top most voted poems, stories, whatever, and you’ll notice that the majority of them are about love…’do you need love?’ ‘How to get love’ ‘My relationship would be happier if…’ and I could go on and on. Am I saying love is a bad thing and that we should never set our hearts on finding love and being happy with someone? No! It’s our human nature to be attracted to other people…we just need to keep it under control…all I’m saying.

N T. said...
this is a great statement but... these things are installed in our mind at a young age with fAIRY TALES AND CONTINUES TO GROW ON US AS WE READ twilight and watch shows like 91210 we see these glamourous people together and figure we have to have that

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
AMEN!!!! the Bible says to be content with what we have and thank Him for it all because He knows how much we can handle and knows how much to give us; obviously if someone doesn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's cuz God knows they can't handle it....yet ;)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree (so much!) that teens are too concerned with 'highschool boyfrined/girlfriend' love. They are missing everything else about their lives. But the best love is not romantic love! It should never be stifled, and we should feel it for everyone.

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
AMEN! finally someone who understands and agrees with me!!! lol