My Definition of Love | Teen Ink

My Definition of Love

By MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine
MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine

Nothing in the world is single, all things by law divine, in one spirit meet and mingle, why not I with thine? - Percy Bysshe Shelly

Love isn't a perfect couple. Love isn't smiles and giggles forever. It's not the "cute" couple who never fight. And it couldn't be the couple who spend every waking moment staring in each others eyes.
Love is waking up and accepting they have bad breath and kissing them anyway. It's holding their hair back when they're sick. It's going months without seeing each other and missing them more every second. Love is all the fights and all the jealousy; it's all the tears shed and all the anger, but getting through it. It's feeling all the negatives and still coming out of it all together. Love doesn't totally go away, ever. Love can be avoided and tossed out, but all the memories will always be there. It's easily mistaken by all ages and not as easily found. When you do find it, instinctively you will do everything in your power to test it. You push it to the limit. You fight over every little thing you can find. You discuss the girl/guy who is getting to friendly and coming out of the debate with a smile. Love is the acceptance of one another. It's a fight sealed with a kiss.
When love comes along, life seems to travel around you at lightning speed. Don't worry about the little things. Accept the little mistakes they make. Talk everything out. And most important, fight like hell. Fight like hell to keep them. Fights test you. Fights aren't fun, but it's life testing you. Don't ever let them get away from you.

MinaFaith GOLD said...
MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine

I'm very sorry to hear about your ex. However, even though fights are very unpleasent to experience, it brings you closer in the end. When you really think about it, this has to do with anyone though. A best friend, a boyfriend, family, and so on. I hope you do eventually do find someone who realizes this. I am glad you saw this though. Maybe you should pass the information along to your ex. Sounds like he might need the help.

ameliahopee said...
on Sep. 15 2010 at 1:10 am
ameliahopee, Chico, California
I absolutely agree with this. I love that someone actually had the decency to finally say that fights are OKAY. My last boyfriend left because of the fights when all of them were about me being afraid of losing him. Apparently I wasn't worth keeping around ):

MinaFaith GOLD said...
MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine

Thank you(:

MinaFaith GOLD said...
MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine

Thank you. I sure will(:

. said...
Totally luv this!!!!!! p0lz keep writing.

Hannahgee6 BRONZE, Greensburg, Kentucky

therefore do not worry about tomorrow. for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.
-jesus

Very cute!!!! :) looK at my work?

MinaFaith GOLD said...
MinaFaith GOLD, Gardiner, Maine

Thank you very much(:

lamelola GOLD said...
lamelola GOLD, Wichita, Kansas

The problem is, you think you have time.

Wow, i like this. :]