Movies Send the Wrong Message

By , Potomac, MD
Okay, so we go out, pay for our tickets and watch a movie. And yes, movies can be fun and entertaining, but sometimes it sends out a wrong message. Take "My best friends girl" for example. The movie portrays a man who acts as a jerk to get girls. And though for some girls its like meeting the devil himself, it does show certain scenes where girls fall for the attitude. And the guy, Tank, even gives advice that you have to be condescending to a girl if you want to attract her attention. False. And the worst part of it is, viewers (guys) might actually believe this and behave in such a manner. There are many jerks out there who think to get a girl, you have to be mean. There is a difference between being hard to get, and being a total jerk. And it does get a bit tiring with the "Thats not me inside, I am a real sweetheart in the inside". thing. Well, if you are, don't hide it! Guys, be who you are. If you want some action, don't use nice girls who still have faith in men. If your seriously a jerk, try to be a nicer person. Don't change because of the continuos messages certain movies play out. I know they all have a happy ending and everything, but its a movie. Not reality.

purplecat said...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:50 am
I agree. Don't use us.