A Letter To Dads From Your Daugthers

Dear Fathers,
our lives without you has been nothing but an empty void where you should have been and continue to be. It's like a big whole that keeps getting bigger and bigger if we don't see you. When we think of you and all the pain and anger you've caused our family over the years, it brings tears to our eyes. When you call to say you can't make the plans because you have to work or whatever the excuse may be, it hurts us to the core. Sure we say, "Okay, I understand." and then hang up. But truth be told, it cuts us more than you can imagine. When you left when we were a child, we thought nothing of it. Maybe we've missed you and wondered where you were then. However, things have changed. Now that we're older, we begin to realize places where you should be. Like Sweet 16 parties or Father Daughter Dances. Many of us girls miss out on things like that that should bring a daughter and father close. It's important to us. The amount of hurt you've caused can't be erased just by you coming into our lives and
saying, "I'm here now." That won't cut it. It's going to take alot for us daughters to forgive the scars you've left on our hearts
throughout all these years. You've damaged us emotionally and maybe even physically. Who knows. But eventually, we will forgive you dads. It may not be today or tommorrow, but we'll do it in our own time. We'll do it when our hearts let go of the painful past. We'll do it when we don't tear up at the mention of your constant absence in our everyday lives as a teenage girl. We'll forgive you when our hearts are truely ready. But as of now, the only thing we can do is try our best to grow closer together and see each other as much as we can. It's true when they say tommorrow is never guarunteed because it isn't. We
only have now to live for. All we can do is just try our hardest and bestest to let go of what you did. So, I say to all the daughters out there who do have a good father who cares for you, and makes you their whole world, I say tell them you love them everyday. Tell them thank you for being there with you everyday, physically and emotionally. Tell them thanks for chasing away your boy crushes and embarrassing you in front of your friends. Thank them for wiping away your tears at night and
holding you close and kissing you goodnight. Thank them for being a real fathers.

Sincerely,

Your Daughters

flutechick1234 said...
This is really good.

moonpetal said...
I can relate to this. Thank you so much for writing it, it's nice to know I am not the only one feeling this way....

justwannabeme said...
oh my gosh. this really touched me. i have a great father and i had no idea what it is like to live without one. now i truely know. i heard your emoptions thru this letter. it was touching.i hope you keep writing. and i'm glad i was the first one to post. :) check out my stuff?? i kinda need some feedback. PLEASE keep writing!!!!!!! :)