Love Over Lust | Teen Ink

Love Over Lust

By chocolatkiss1013 SILVER, New York, New York
chocolatkiss1013 SILVER, New York, New York

But paradise is locked and bolted, we must make a journey around the world to see if a backdoor has perhaps been left open

love has seemed to fade away from this time era. What I mean is now a days it seems that love equates to sex. I've seen so many teenage girls who claim they're in love after two weeks of going out with a guy. Yet when I asked their boyfriends if it was for real, and they gave me a long look and just couldn't answer. So I asked my cousin(a guy) who was also going out with a girl who claimed she loved him so I asked "is it for real with you?" He laughed and said "I'm just in it for her hot body, if you know what I'm saying." Looking back in time love has always been sacred, when someone professed their love they were willing to die for it, and go to the ends of the earth, but now the term is so loosely used that you probably couldn't expect them to stay truthful for more than a week. It's a pity especially to those girls/guys who continue to look for 'that guy or girl' and are stuck with a one night stand. It makes you wonder if the ties love used to have, have withered and been severed by the hands of lust. To find true love that lasts is like finding an adult living in brooklyn completely innocent to his/her surroundings. It's as common as an eclipse. Although it's not commonly found that doesn't mean you can't make your own love, so even though it's hard to find I urge you all, girls and guys( it's just as hard for them)to search for that special one and make an effort for love and bring back the power of those three words. I. Love. You

Me personally, I'm still looking for that special one but I am in no rush, I'll go out with a guy here and there I still consider the term love a powerful and sacred choice of words that if said should be followed with truth, and loyalty