Boys: A Novice’s Perspective

Boys – a novice’s perspective
First, there’s the boy that you think could make the perfect boyfriend; the one who has it all. You’re all ready to plunge yourself into the unknown until you realize that he isn’t.
Then comes the bad boy. You think you like him because he’s dangerous and not anything like Boy #1. He makes you nervous and isn’t afraid to take chances. Then you finally realize that’s all he wants; the thrill. And you realize that you were kidding yourself the whole time, he’s really not what you’re looking for. Not at all.
Next there’s the “perfect guy.” He’s cute, funny, and appreciates you. You should like him and you wish you liked him, but you don’t. There’s nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
Then there’s the guy that you think you would be perfect with if it wasn’t for another situation (i.e. drama with friends, too many connections, or just not an opportune time to actually meet). In any case, you are starting to think that you’re the epitome of every Beyonce song.
Throughout the next couple months or years, other guys will come along that might be perfect, but something just isn’t right, or you know after two dates that they are definitely not for you. I mean seriously, variations of the previous guys above are bound to happen.
But eventually, you know that he’s gonna come. The one that gets you and makes you nervous. He might not be “perfect,” but you don’t care. It might take longer than expected but it will happen. Perhaps the waiting isn’t even the hard part, it’s all the guys you have to go through to get to him. Although, maybe it’s the previous guys that make you appreciate him the most, make him worth the wait. Without them, you would never know what you were looking for, what you’ve been missing.
I can’t say that I know much about this stuff, I’d like to think this is true. All that happy ending stuff had to come from somewhere right? Why not real life?

Unwritten said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:30 am:
Love it!lol half cause its written really well and half cause I think you have my life written down haha check out my work please:)

oceanblue176 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 7:30 am :
haha thanks so much i appreciate that! and i will def check out your work !