Mind-Twisting

“Love…” she drawled.
“That’s it! I am in love.” She exclaimed.
I rolled my eyes at her. “Sure. You are in love.” I said sarcastically.
“Do not be so negative. You say you know what love is, but you don’t. So do not judge me!” she snapped.
I stared at her wide eyed.

I am a romance-junkie. I never had a boyfriend, I never had a serious crush, and I have never been in love. I have read all the novels, watched all the movies, but I have no clue what love is…or was. I know so many opinions of love, but which one is true? In one novel, love is young but ever-lasting, in another; love is a bond that takes many years to forge. Well, which novel is right? I have been so engrossed in other people’s love lives, that I lost my many chances of experiencing my own type of love. I have lost my chance of love, now the scariest four letter word in my world is:
LIKE.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
don't be scared.  you'll experience love.  it's always like in the books.  the books can't tell you how it'll be in real life.  how it will be for you.  and there's nothing wrong with liking.  but, do you love your parents?  siblings?  friends?  you know what love is.  and if you're sure you don't, the way to find out is by just looking how others love you.

Erudite replied...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 4:33 am
thanks so much, your advice is like u know exactly what to day.. :) im not scared though, im just..i dunno..envious of what people say they have, u know?

yeaaiitsemilyx3 said...

I like the way you wrote this! It's nice, but in a sad way.

BTW: you'll know when you're in love! No need to worry now.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 1:37 am
aw, thank you! it means alot to me!

moonpetal said...
I read your profile and it said that you liked the show Kyle XY, (sounds REALLY COOL!!!!!! Wish I could watch it lol!) and I read some stuff on it (gotta love Wikapedia,Google). It sounds like that show would make love- REALLY confusing!!!!!! XD Still, just saying, hey now I get it alittle more.Uh TOTTALY wish I could watch it!!!! I meanwow though their relationships... Dude.....Crazyness.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 5:48 am
lol..yeah..why cant u watch it?

Erudite replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 5:58 am
anyways i saw ur profile and saw that you love house..i do too!! i absolutely love thta show! i especially like house's personality..its so cool and weird..and interesting!! wow, we have something in common! lol..:)

moonpetal replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:15 am
I looked @ urs u usaid u liked the show Kyle XY, sounds like a FAWESOME show!!!! (freaking awesome wanted to clarify). Hhahaha LOVE House :D He is SO awesome. He just storms in the room "People u morons GET up- I KNOW the awnser since none of you DO!" And hes always right XD Theres a character Dr.Cox on Scrubs same deminer lol! They even COMPAIR him to house on the show. hahahah Nice we have something in common... XD Ur funny. It says you live in Pakistan really? Cause then I would now know and ... (more »)

moonpetal replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:30 am
Well I have dail-up (yeah lots of tec. over here XD ) and you can't go to u-tube or watch videos with it. Kinda sad. And they don't show it on TV anymore I don't think. D:I can't belive they discontinued it!!!!Not fair.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:38 am
they discontinued it? i didnt even know! i didnt know because i live half way accross the world, and over here we get the tv shows and tv movies really late like if a movie came out on the tv in the US, then we wouldnt have it on the tv till like 2-4 months later!! so i guess thats the same situation here!

moonpetal replied...
Don't you just HATE that? I mean especially with video games lol! It's like every one BUT ME. Has it!!!!.Wait what sesons r u all on? The fourth??? Yeah time diff. Plus here it was on ABC they replaced it with another show D: I wish I had high speed but my Mom is like "NO, I REFUSE to give in to the monoply of Comcast" That's all thats avalible in the country where I live. So  oh well maybe I could buy them on Amazon. Would you recomend them being good enof to do that?

Erudite replied...
um, im not sure, i mean it is confusing..and it isnt like FANTASTIC, its just u know good and fun..soo, i guess it's up to you

Bella143 said...
so i read, first i found it lol. My thing i dont date or anything but there's that one special someone for everyone.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 2:09 am
i am hoping that you are right! lol

moonpetal said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:51 am
It's hard to wait for love to come.But in a way it's also hard to be in love. you want to stay with the person all the time but you can't you have to have a life. Untill your old enoff to get married and they can be your life. But even then. Love is something that is hard to describe since there r many kinds. U'll find some one some day. Trust me you just know when you meet them. You know. not like a crush where you talk your self into it allittle. Trust me there is someone out there perfect for... (more »)

Erudite replied...

thank you..alot

im not looking for love though, as you said, im waiting till im older, but still, love is something that can surprise us

moonpetal replied...
I don't think you can find love when you look for it LOL!Yeah waiting is a good idea.Your artical was good, I liked it. It's hard to know what it is now adays ur right. Books movies.Makes it confusing-er.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 7:30 am
thank you, i thought that i was just the only one who believed that..

moonpetal replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 9:38 am
Nope. I feel the same way. It is confusing!!!!! I mean is love forever from early, forever over time, not forever? I am REALLY confused cause my parents just got divorced, so it's like shrug IDK anymore at all.It makes you question how much we know about it.I don't think well no anything till we just find it.Some day.

Erudite replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:42 am
i know! thats what is so wrong!! i mean i was thinking about this and when i realized that "I" do not know love it upset me so much...but i guess thats one of the downsides of being a teenager.. :