What Do They Mean?

A smile, a touch, a laugh, a giggle, on the outside they’re so very simple and natural, but what do they mean? There always seems to be some type of underlying message in every gesture in the human culture. We seem to always think it’s wrong or rude to express ourselves like we won’t ever be accepted for who we truly are. We put up all these walls to protect ourselves, but we’re really just getting in our own way. Why can’t we just say what we mean and mean what we say? It’s as though it would be just too easy, but we all know it is much more complicated than that. Some things are better left unsaid, but there’s always a time when you wish you would’ve said what you actually thought.

Reading between the lines is so exhausting when all you want is for someone to tell you the full truth about how they feel. Then when it comes to be your turn to speak up you freeze and freak out. It is not that we don’t want to be heard, but that we don’t know what our audience will take from what we say. We have to take the chance of falling in order to fly. We just have to realize that it’s worth the risk because even if you do fall you can get up and get over it. Don’t be afraid to let go and let them see inside of you because they will see how truly wonderful you are, and if not it’s their loss.

So, take a chance and wear your heart on you sleeve. Love with everything you have and put all you have into everything you do. You don’t want to regret not saying what you had inside of you because there are no second chances. We have this one life to make a difference and if we are timid and wait for a chance to present itself then we’ll never truly live. A glance, a wink, a quick gesture of the hands, you’d think that’s all they meant, but people are complicated and so is life. Always remember that there are hidden meanings in everything because we can’t read minds and our easy buttons don’t work.