My Playlist This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Washington, PA
“All of us take different paths in life, but we all take a little bit of each other with us…”

-Tim McGraw

Bus stop. 7:00.
My body is so asleep I depend so much on my brain to get me onto that bus. If there was a pebble on the road to walk across one day, I’d be tripping on it.
I climb the steps.
Try to smile at the driver.
Count 5 seats back.
Fall into the seat.
Open my purse.
And find my I-pod.
That 30 minute ride is my time, my time to figure out my life, to make my problems into solutions. Being a teen I think one my most thought over problems seem to come from, you got it…
Guys.
And as I sit on that bus worrying over some guy, my I-pod plays songs over and over. The inspirational ones, the ones you dance to, the ones you cry with.
And each guy has his song.
Fred… Taylor Swift… Should’ve said no.
Bob…. John Mayer…. Say
Billy…The Script….Breakeven
Joe….Drake….Your Love

It’s ridiculous! what the barely conscious mind can do with out even realizing it. How it just seems to associate a certain song called ‘Fall for you’, with my huge crush on a certain guy. In ten years. I bet, I’ll happen to listen to this song and remember that guy, everything we went through, everything I felt and everything I learned.

Some mornings a song will come on and I have to make myself look down and switch songs because I don’t want to think about him, I don’t want to feel the pain.
I eventually get around to deleting those certain songs off my playlist.
Some songs stay on for a good couple months or so, some more, some less. I had on song on there for a two whole years.
I’m just looking for that one special song I’ll never get tired of listening to and will always be on my playlist.
I think its that simple. The barely consious mind knows exactly what its doing, just looking for that song that will never stop playing.

conversegirl23 said...
I do the exact same thing with the guys in my life. This is really good. Keep writing!!!

pageturner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
totally. it's hard when the only guys in you life are your annoying ten year old cousin, older brother, and dog. Sigh, I love my dog buy it's sad when they are no  guys up to my very high standard. try checking out my articles, k

Jul. 9, 2010 at 1:38 am
it's nice. it's hard being a girl, ain't it. these days I'm not sure whether to take guys or kill them. oh well.

Unwritten replied...
Don't I know it lol I'm very scared for the day I punch a guy, who I feel like kissing hahaha

kspinit said...

Its really beautiful the way you capture the way that a song is like a guy. the way that each boy has a song that reminds you of them, sticks in your heart exactly like they do.

your piece is really pretty. I really like it

<33<33

mwahxandxmwa said...

I think this sums up a lot of peoples bus rides and also a lot of peoples lifes.

If only we all did have that one song, that one love.

But when you think about all we have is one bus ride.

Well worded :D