Trust...? | Teen Ink

Trust...?

June 7, 2010
By BeforetheStorm PLATINUM, Eastbrook, Maine
BeforetheStorm PLATINUM, Eastbrook, Maine
26 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I miss you, more than the sun misses the moon... and the desert misses the soft caress of the rain on a hot summer's night..."


Trust... has recently just been defined to me... I've had some time to think and I'm pretty sure that I can get the feeling of trust across to all of you reading... However, it's about as hard as explain what instinct is because Trust is instinct...

Trust is knowledge. Trust is knowing that when someone says something to you, they're telling the truth. Trust is knowing that when they do something, the have a reason. Trust is knowing that reason.

Trust is delicate, like a flower. When you tear off that petal, it takes a lot for it to grow back. Most of the time it won't.

Trust is an amazing feeling when you define it and recognize it correctly.

Truth is instinct. Instinct is knowing.

When you trust someone, you don't have to think about whether they mean everything they say. You don't have to second guess every feeling you have for this person. When you trust someone, life is a lot easier.

"Trust no one."
I was once told this by one of my friend's fathers. He told me that "...as long as you trust yourself and believe that you're doing the right thing, you'll have eternal happiness."
This man has lived one of the happiest lives in the world.

He trusts only one person, and I regret to tell you that it's not me. I can't tell you who this person is because he didn't trust me enough to tell me.

When he tried explaining the feeling to me, it sounded a lot like Love. He said "Trust is knowledge. Trust is knowing that what they say, they mean. Trust is feeling so comfortable with someone that whatever you do is never unseen. Whatever you said is never unheard. Whatever you see or hear is never a lie. Is a sense, trust is being comfortable."

I've though about this many times... I'm comfortable with many people; yet, I don't trust these people. I'm comfortable only because I trust myself. I know enough to be able to tell when these people are lying, when they're trying to look cool.

I, too, only trust one person. I think I may know who he's talking about now.
Go ahead and say I have trust issues; I could care less what you think. I might have trust issues, but at least I'm not stupid enough to be blind sided by the insecure.


The author's comments:
I found out something I didn't necessarily want to know... I thought a lot about what trust really was =]