Her side then His side | Teen Ink

Her side then His side

June 7, 2010
By AbbyJune SILVER, Katy, Texas
AbbyJune SILVER, Katy, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is whats happening while your busy makeing other plans-John Lennon


You wake up in the morning feeling so refreshed, you get out your flat iron and turn it on and straighten your hair. Then you get out your make up bag and put on the best make up you have, you get out than nice pretty pink lip-gloss, the kind only used for special occasions and put it on. Why? Why are you making yourself so beautiful for disappointment?

The word “crush” is the perfect word for the boy you like, because we always let boys crush us. Us girls always go after the jerks, the boys with the chiseled muscles or perfect teeth, or the star football player, basically the ones who have no respect for us. Why can’t we build our self esteem to get the ones without the perfect hair, the ones who don’t care what we look like, the ones who care about what is on the inside rather than the outside? There are plenty of fish in the sea they say, but even some of the most strikingly beautiful fish are poisonous, and instead we need to go for the ones that are clean on the inside. We always want to blame the boys for our hurt and pain but there are both sides to the story. The first side is when we turn down the boy who is sweet and caring, without the perfect hair or the perfect teeth, instead we go for the ones who are complete opposites, and we always know what were getting ourselves into. The other side is the boy who does have the perfect hair and teeth. He knows what he is doing to us, he knows that he really doesn’t care for you; all they need is the satisfaction of you crying over him.
Not all boys are dogs- but some of them are. That still doesn’t give us the excuse to blame them for everything. We only have ourselves to blame. There is a story about an Indian at the top of the mountain, and he sees a hurt snake, the snake says “Please help me! Please take me to the bottom of the mountain.” The Indian replies with “No! You’re a snake, you will bite me!” The snake weakly says “No I promise, I will have too much respect for you to bite you, I promise, please just help me.” The Indian decides to help the snake and nurses him back to health and takes him to the bottom of the mountain, and then the snake bites him! The Indian hollers “Why? You promised! I helped you, why would you do this to me!” The snake slithers away saying “You knew what I was from the beginning”
We are the Indian in this story and the boys are the snakes. We knew who and what they were in the beginning. If we don’t go for the snakes, we won’t get bitten. Be careful for those snakes lying low in the grass.