Not saying anything | Teen Ink

Not saying anything

By okinawagirl SILVER, Yuma, Arizona
okinawagirl SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD shall be praised-Proverbs 31:30
"All the World's a Stage"-Shakespeare

Have you ever fallen in love with someone so amazingly perfect, but never tell them, then have your heart crushed when you find out that they are with someone else?
If there was one thing I could change about myself, it could quite possibly be this. It has happened numerous times, and every time I wonder why I let this happen to myself. Some people would wonder why I never say anything. I don’t know. It’s just one of those things I can’t figure out. I do know that someday this has got to stop. Putting my heart on the line and not telling the person that I am in love with them just leads to more heartache than if I actually told them and things ended badly.
Maybe I do it because I think that they would be happier without me. If I just never say anything, they can just go on with their lives, without me. If they liked me back or not I’ll never know, but I can continue to love who they are, without them knowing, and sometimes, that is enough.

on Jul. 22 2010 at 6:33 pm
haventy0uheard PLATINUM, Kings Park, New York
Wow, this is like the story of my life haha. I know exactly how you feel. Check out my work if you want  =]

on Jun. 18 2010 at 6:27 am
musiclover123, ., Other

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. <3

its just so...REAL and TRUE nd i never tell them either...well it was just one person...it hurts doesnt it...? </3 =( check my stuff out anyway...you might like it =)

on Jun. 17 2010 at 1:24 pm
okinawagirl SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

"All the World's a Stage"-Shakespeare

Thank you so much!

on Jun. 13 2010 at 2:51 am
musiclover123, ., Other

Wow. So true.

on Jun. 12 2010 at 8:11 am
irrara12 BRONZE, Columbia, Maryland

not all who wander are lost-jrr tolkien

I totally understand how you feel. This happened to me too.