Miss High-Standards.

I’ll admit it: I’m a little condescending when it comes to most guys who try to talk to me.

It’s not that I think that I’m too good for most guys. I think there’s always something admirable about everyone. However, I’m always left unimpressed. Maybe the manner in which they approach me is unoriginal. Maybe their interests are boring to me. Maybe they speak with poor grammar usage.

Yeah, that’s a big pet peeve.

Looking for a guy that I would genuinely like is like going thrift store shopping - there are tons of clothes that are too over-worn and dirty, along with hidden stories and meanings behind them.

You just have to find that one, rare designer vintage piece that’s in mint condition. Of course, this item isn’t perfect and comes with stories as well as the other clothes, but isn’t dirtied and presents itself in a striking way. Ugh, I really must find that beautiful YSL clutch in some hidden thrift store (I mean that both literally and figuratively!).

If only.

I’m not looking for someone who has to prove himself to me - I want to prove myself to him. A guy that doesn’t constantly tell me I’m the best, but drives me to prove it.

I need to go thrift store shopping.

hello.beautiful said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 6:50 am
I absolutely am in love with this. 5/5. So true, my favorite lines "I want to prove myself to him. A guy that doesn't constantly tell me I'm the best, but drives me to prove it" I LOVE that. You're an excellent writer, keep it up :) This is amazing.

DaisyC. said...
Nice! I for one don't have teribly high standards (not that I have low ones either) and this was a well written trip into a different piont of view. Keep it up!

Iloveme This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 9:44 am
I happens to me too. I have never had a bf,not even gone on a date. I have joined this site today only,and my god i am totally in love with this,knowing so many people go through same things that I go through.

katie-cat said...
I loved this article!  I often feel like my standards are too high.  I definitely need to go thrift store shopping as well.