Here's to the Ladies | Teen Ink

Here's to the Ladies

Every girl reading this knows something about boys. We’ve all been frustrated- pulled to the end of our rope trying to deal with them. Boys are like a different species, but somehow we are stuck to them like glue, magnetized to their very center.

Boys have many positive traits. They make us laugh. They smell good (the ones worth going after, anyways). They make our hearts pound and our stomachs jump into our throats. And if you’re like me, you might even favor a guy that’s clever, intelligent, and (gasp!) sweet.

But let’s face it. Guys make girls miserable. They are utterly clueless. They can be mind-numbingly mean without even blinking an eye. They can be misleading without even realizing it. The female population has to put up with a mess of disappointments from our male counterparts.

Yet even with their bad traits, men move us women. We overlook their faults to see the original adorable qualities that made us love them in the first place, even if this hurts us. We blame ourselves for their faults. We let them hurt us sometimes, just because we don’t want to hurt them back.

Here is to the guys that ignore this stereotype. The boys that understand us, that care about us. The gents that ask us about our day, the guys that say we’re beautiful and really mean it, and take a hint without too much thought.

Even better, here is to us. Here is to the ladies who deal with the crushing letdowns, the annoying moments, and the immature percentage of the opposite sex. And here is to being in it together.

Let's face the facts- girls like guys, and we do plenty to accept their faults, even when it frustrates us beyond belief.

on Jun. 1 2010 at 6:54 am
BeYOUtiful_13 BRONZE, Tinley Park, Illinois

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
~Marilyn Monroe

so true. and I know that guys are mean at times they first say' I wanna be with you forever.' and later you would hear 'I am breaking with you sorry but deal with it.' but nice piece. a lot of people can realte to it.

on May. 26 2010 at 5:49 pm
docta_rini SILVER, Detroit, Michigan
this is great!

on May. 24 2010 at 7:56 pm
krazykathleen BRONZE, Edwardsville, Illinois

"7/5 of all people do not understand fractions." -Unknown

Wow that was very good!! Your writing is amazing! I loved this article and the flat out honesty you used. You have a great vocabulary and the paper really flowed. Nice!!