Middle School Relationships? | Teen Ink

Middle School Relationships?

By singdance7 SILVER, Davenport, Iowa
singdance7 SILVER, Davenport, Iowa

"Do what you can with what you have with where you are" Teddy Roosevelt i think
"I love life because what more is there" Unknown
"Remember, the future comes one day at a time" Unknown

We all know that many kids in middle school have started dating other middle school kids. Kids have even started dating in Elementary School. Kids not even in the eighth grade will date high school kids. However, is this morally right? Is this mentally healthy? Is there even a point?

Kids in middle school have high hormones that run wild like a cheetah runs after its prey. This can give them confused and misinterpreted feelings. Kids can even be convinced they are “in love” at this young age. While a child can have a crush, it is more likely that if they wait to court the person later on in life, if they still like them by then, the relationship could have more meaning.

As young people go around falling in love with every other person they date, there are bound to be heart-breaks. This can make one very upset, and the hurt can last up to various times depending on the person and the relationship.

Drama also builds up with boyfriends and girlfriends. And as kids are not as mature as they are later on in life, it is easier for them to get into fights, let things go to their heads, etc. girls might judge, and boys could possibly make fun; sometimes this can give one, or both people in the relationship anxiety and/or pressure.

While young girls are swooning over the “guy of their dreams” and boys think that they have found the prettiest girl in the world, where will their relationship go? Will they stay together till high school? This is very unlikely. Many kids in middle school/grade school date because they have a crush on the person and it is fun to be going out with someone; while the sole purpose of dating is to find suitors for the one you will marry. High school sweat-heart, maybe; Middle school crush, don’t get your hopes up.

I am sorry if this offends anyone, that was not my goal.

on Oct. 26 2016 at 10:07 pm
livlaughlove1217,
This is a very good example of a great middle school couple. I wish you both the best of luck.

on Oct. 26 2016 at 10:01 pm
livlaughlove1217,
I am currently in a middle school relationship and we are very strong. We both like each other a lot and it's more than just normal middle school "i like you, you like me" it's something bigger. Because of adults and society that can not be possible. I can't feel bigger feelings because i am too young. I am currently in 8th grade and my boyfriend and I are reaching a month friday. We will last until highschool at least, and if we last longer that would be amazing. Love is love, and if you are lucky enough to have it, cherish it.

Olivia.E.F said...
on Feb. 11 2016 at 5:25 pm
Olivia.E.F, San Luis Obispo, California

"Yeah, I play like a girl. Yeah, I scream like a girl. Yeah, I run like a girl. Because guess what? I'm a girl. I'm a girl who will fight back. By fighting back I mean I will whoop your a**. So watch your back." - Me

I'm in a middle school relationship and we are a very strong couple. We are both really mature for our age and were best friends before we started dating. We have been going out for almost 6 months, and I couldn't be happier with my relationship. He's in 8th grade and I'm in 7th, and we have discussed what to do when he goes to high school and I'm still in 8th, we have come to the decision where we know we might break up when he moves schools, but that we may get together later on. You never know what the future brings :)

Stargaze said...
on Jan. 17 2015 at 8:54 pm
It's is fine I am in a relationship and I am in 6th grade we don't kiss or anything bad so I think it is fine

L.A.L.Etc said...
on May. 4 2014 at 10:20 pm
L.A.L.Etc, Vail, Arizona

I can't be impossible - I exist! I believe what you ment to say is 'I give up he's improbable!'"
By "Big Bang Theory"

I don't know I mean I know people who lost their virginity in 6th grade, yet I'm in middle school and I don't think it's wrong if it's inosent like puppy love

on Dec. 7 2013 at 12:11 am
i myself am in a middle school relationship but i think not like a child where all we tlk about is i love you and all tht i talk to him about other stuff too and we take things slow :) we have been dating for a month so far and i think i can still focuz with school even with him in my life so i cant exactly say i love him but i can say that i strongly like him quite a bit :D i think about him a lot ! XD 

on Sep. 30 2013 at 4:00 pm
i'm in a middle school relationship and it has been 2 weeks since we stared dating and the first week we held hands . when i get older and have my own kids i think that if they want to have a bf or a gf in middle school or grade school i would not minded that because i know they are not going to kiss

on Jun. 4 2013 at 3:42 pm
StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

I personally think that middle school dating is pointless and yet i always see couples making out in the halls -.-

cupcakelover said...
on Dec. 5 2012 at 9:21 am
i agree w/ u i starteddating in 5th grade