View of love | Teen Ink

View of love

May 4, 2010
By Xblue_raspberryX SILVER, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Xblue_raspberryX SILVER, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 articles 10 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
I may not be Mrs. America or popular at school, but i do a lot of nice sh** in life. I want some attention too!


I believe that love isn’t just a word. Its not like every other word we let come out of our mouths and not put any thought into it. Love is a feeling first of all, so why can people say they love someone if they don’t put that feeling into the word. When someone says they love you, they may not be saying it from the heart. They might just be saying it to fill in the empty space in your group of words that you are sharing with each other. Whenever I get a boyfriend I will wait till I feel the word in my heart before I speak the 3 letter phrase “I love you”. When you feel the happy fluttery feeling in your heart when you want to say the phrase or when you say it to him in your imagination, then you can tell them. (just make sure you don’t scare them.)


The author's comments:
i always thought this about love and i have had the feeling, but i have never been loved our cared for by the other person. it was a crush and i promise not to get that close to a crush again. i got hurt too much.