What is love?

What is love? Is it the tingly feeling we get inside when we see the person of our dreams pass by the window of our lives? Or is it the feeling we get when we sit down to watch a classical movie with a bowl of popcorn, and a hot chocolate? Either way, love is something one cannot define, yet at one point in our lives, we discover true love. And then, only fools throw it away.

I once knew such a love. The type that made you feel all good inside. But underneath the beautiful words, the warm touches, and the never-ending kisses, there was hate between those I held so dear to my heart. I loved him dearly, and I still do. And it wasn’t until I walked out, that I realised I had been dying for him. Thousands of tears, a dozen litres of blood, and a million wounds left me unable to do anything. I was like a small, helpless child. Sometimes, when I see him with that other girl, I become that helpless child once more. But then I look around at those who I call my friends, and I am reminded of a new love; the one we share between friends. And as I look into the eyes of another man, I slowly realise that there is hope for the helpless child. A chance to love again like I once did. And as I smile, my worry’s start to disappear, and I see the future I always dreamed of.

I was a fool to let him go, but I have no regrets. And so to those who have been foolish enough to let the right one leave, never fear, for you are not the only one. There have been those before you, and there will be those after you. But always remember that love comes in many different forms, and soon one day, when all has left you bare and naked, never forget the good times, and smile. For only a fool lets the right one go, but a wise fool smiles and has no regrets.

Kat2292 said...
This is a great piece! It has an extremely mature voice and opinion. I currently feel love in my life, though I never thought it was possible. I will take your advice and never let it go, but if things go astray, I will not regret anything. Thank you :)

La_Li replied...
May 22, 2010 at 6:11 am
Thank you for your kind words!

Spumer12 said...
May 17, 2010 at 8:54 am
I think this piece is very well made and I myself although I have never felt anything like that thru your writing I felt what you felt thank you 

La_Li replied...
May 17, 2010 at 8:57 am
Thankyou for your kind words!!