Gay marriages | Teen Ink

Gay marriages

By ForeverDreamer101 BRONZE, Perry, New York
ForeverDreamer101 BRONZE, Perry, New York

"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader." -- Robert Frost

"If you wish to be a writer, write." -- Epictetus

I know this topic has been written about countless times, by many different people with many different opinions, but here are my opinions on Gay/lesbian marriages.

I know there are a lot of people who believe that one guy and one girl was put on earth by god for a reason and blah, blah, blah - It's fine if you believe that, but that doesn't give you the right to try and take away someones right to marry a person they love, regardless of gender. How can you tell two people of the same gender that, no matter how much they might love each other, there not allowed to get married just because YOU don't think its right? Get over yourselves. Does gay people getting married really affect you in any negative way; does it harm you or hurt you? No, it doesn't. just mind your own buisness and let people marry who they want.

I was reading this one article that said that gay marriage was wrong and, well to be honest with you, it pissed me off; Therefore i wrote this.

on Sep. 2 2010 at 7:39 pm
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

I don't think that the government should be allowed to tell the people who they can or can't marry. Simple as that.

MzJones said...
on Apr. 13 2010 at 1:14 pm
That is so true.! It really dosn't matter to me.. they're not bothering me