All You Need is. . .to Understand Love | Teen Ink

All You Need is. . .to Understand Love

By Sabby SILVER, Cullman, Alabama
Sabby SILVER, Cullman, Alabama

"Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting." ~Edmund Burke

I'm tired of hearing it. People keep having the same 'ole debate about teenage love. Here's the deal. Love can exist at any age in many ways. True love can happen at 15, 30, 60, 90, etc. What people don't understand is the meaning of love. Love isn't sex. Love isn't kissing. Love isn't looking good together. Love is deeper than that. Love is butterflies. Love is missing them after a few minutes. Love is the good times and the bad times. Love is speed bumps. Love is knowing that mistakes will be made. It's working through problems together and not playing the blame game. It's about taking responsibility for your actions and cutting each other some slack. It's about holding hands when you are having the biggest fight your relationship has ever endured. It's not bragging about why your boyfriend or girlfriend is better than everyone else's. It's keeping some things just between you and your partner. It's about back rubs and tender kisses. Hugs that make your skin tingle. The look that is meant specifically for that one person. It's knowing that at the end of the day you'll only love one another more.

on Dec. 22 2015 at 8:42 am
ZJcancel BRONZE, Catesville, Pennsylvania

''I will love you for forever and a day ''

this is exactly how i feel you are a great writer i'm impressed

Missy1999 SILVER, Windermere, Florida

John 3:16

This is AMAZING