The Rose

Well, today we performed a play for my youth group, and I had to play the part of the boyfriend that first draws the heroine away from God. So I was naturally given a rose...and I wondered why the rose symbolizes love, because let me tell you, love bites, as they say in that old Def Leppard song. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Let me explain. Recently, I was really, REALLY, into this girl from my school. I met her last summer on a trip to NYC, and she's awesome. I told her how I felt, and now she's avoiding me. But, see, I had no chance from the beginning, for three reasons: one, she's only ever wanted to be 'friends'. Two, she has a boyfriend[who is really small. a pipsqueak. I could take him any day...just saying.] And the third reason is that she is way out of my league. She's a cheerleader with lots of friends, while I'm one of those guys who get's straight A's and really doesn't do anything on the weekends.
So, in conclusion, I'd like to say that the symbol of the rose as love sucks, because it buds, flourishes, then...dies. Just like that. Although, that's what most relationships nowadays ends up like. Maybe its not too bad of a love symbol...hmmm...

falling-rain said...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:25 am
brandon im seriously laughing my butt off.. not because its bad..no its really true.. :) i think yu told me this story b4.. my fav line is: im the guy who gets straight A's and doesnt do anything on weekends.. love does bite..but thats what makes it so special in the end... great job..as always:::::::::::::) ps: iLOVE yU

Bambi3226 said...
now that i look back on this, i feel really dumb...sorry, i was kinda depressed that day...