It's Okay Life Changes | Teen Ink

It's Okay Life Changes

Is your family perfect? Have you ever lost a loved one? Are you adopted? Or is your home life all yelling and fighting? Well I Know how you feel. I suffered through the worst of all the worst. Well maybe not the worst, but what I suffered through seemed pretty bad.

My family started out perfect. Until my dad was attracted to other women, then my life went a little down hill. If you lived through this you know what I mean.

My family, maybe like some of the others in the world today, was separated young. I was only six with two younger and two older sisters and one little brother. We all were taken from our mother and put into different homes. My life in those homes, maybe like your life in your home, seemed very difficult and I became sad and scared. But I knew I would live there alright.

I have got to say that for those with a life like that hang in there, if you are not already adopted or your parents might be divorced or are getting a divorce it will turn out alright if you believe in your family. You will survive if you try.

I believe even if you lose a pet or friend or loved one, you can still live in this world with all you have. I lost everything I owned once. It happened the day before the third grade started. My house blew up. I was devastated, but it turned out fine because my family made it out okay. Now I am fourteen and all of us are still living and that is all that matters.

If you are depressed or don’t like where your life is headed turn to someone you trust and just tell them. Maybe you can even ask for help. It’s okay to feel down sometimes. Just think of the really good times.

I think that if you like family even if you don’t treat them how you want to be treated they still should love you. Remember there’s someone who loves you and will talk to you. They don’t even need to be related to you.

So just think of all the good in your family and the bad things that stick out might just go away. Family is great once you like them more and do things with them.

This is my life that i have shared with you.

emwillis said...
on Mar. 24 2010 at 9:17 am
That is true!!