Love is hard to find

As a teen, you'd think by then you'd find someone you want to be with the rest of your life. WRONG! You never hear anyone say "Oh, I'm going to be with _______ forever!" as a teenager. You hardly hear that from adults. So why are so many books and magazines and websites based on love when it's almost impossible to find? In my opinion, I think all those places are trying to make the kids or whoever reading them they need to be in a serious relationship in order to be happy, when, in reality, serious relationships can make a person sad and moody if they or their partner aren't fully content with the other, making both people upset and feeling like they should be more than who they already are because they haven't found "the right person" yet. I think that most people in this world aren't going to find that perfect person because there is over a billion people on this earth and the chances of meeting a person made just for you is next to nothing! Sorry to all those people out there extremely focused on finding Mr. or Miss "Right" but I doubt you will ever find them. So, in conclusion to my rant, love is hard to find. So if you really want to find the "prefect person," you may not have to look very far, but you may never know who the right person is until they're already gone and it's just too late.

enchanted4yu said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:25 am:
I understand your point. In books like twilight series, where bella and edward are virtually made for eachother, it sets an example for teens that you *must find your soulmate. Personally, I think that the books about teens finding love despite obstacles and diffrences in personality are the best and what i aim to do in my life

Squidney1014 replied...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:31 am :
Thanks. I say that because that's exactly how I feel. I'm glad you agree with me!

enchanted4yu replied...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:38 am :
Of course!! Do you have other writing on teen ink? If so I'd love to check it out

Squidney1014 replied...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:01 am :
Well, I've written it but the editors haven't O.K.'d it yet. But hopefully soon they'll be out!

enchanted4yu replied...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:24 pm :
Okay awesome! Let me know when it's been ok'd. I have some written stuff you might enjoy (most of it is waiting for approval) but some is up already! Would you mind reading some?

Squidney1014 replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 12:11 pm :
Sure!!! I'll read them and comment to yours! And mine have been O.K.'d now... They aren't my best! You've been warned! :)

enchanted4yu replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 7:16 pm :
I'm most proud of my fiction so please read that! I'm sure your writing is excellent I'll go check it out asap!

kenziep. said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 9:05 am:
I love this!! I feel the exact same way. You aren't going to find Mr. or Mrs. right. And relationships can be really good or they can be bad. Keep writing!

Squidney1014 replied...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm :
Thanks for agreeing! And I'll do my best to keep writing!