Why do we have faith in love?

It’s funny how love works. I mean there are so many bad people in the world, so many evil things. But, people still have faith in love. We give our whole selves to one person, expecting them to do the same. Having faith in them above all things. Even though you’ve probably been hurt many times. Not just by a broken heart, but someone could have stolen from you or lied to you too many times. But, you still have faith in this person. You still trust this person. Even though they’re capable of doing the same harm as any other person. Why?

People breakup and makeup. We cheat and lie. Hearts are broken everyday. Billions of tears have been shed and tissues wasted on other human beings. We go through relationships like we go through shoes. After so much pain and happiness, headaches and stupid love songs, we still have faith in love. We don’t give up on trying to find it.

There are those who say they are through with love. Yet, then can still cry while waiting “romantic comedies”; still envy couples as they walk through the park; still yearn for a valentine.

I think it’s in our nature to seek love. Though we go through lots of trials to find it, we never stop seeking it. We all want that “happily ever after”. And the only way to get it is to have faith.

We go through so many relationships in hopes of finding “the one”. Every time we leave the house we have to look our best. Because maybe they’ll be in the parking lot or maybe they’ll be in the next aisle of the grocery store or maybe they’ll be at the gym on the treadmill right next to yours.

Ninety- nine percent of the time, our efforts are futile. But we still have faith in love?? It makes us hurt. But we still have faith in love?? It makes us tired. But we still have faith in love?? It makes us crazy. But we still have faith in love?? It makes us stupid. But we still have faith in love?? It makes us have faith in it. But we still have faith in love??

Helena D. said...
 really liked it very heart warming