My Thoughts on Teenage Sex

Today, you hear a lot about teenagers having sex and many teen girls getting pregnant. Everyone says "use protection...have safe sex." It seems that everyones biggest concern is using protection..condoms, and birth control, etc. But, my question is....why even have sex in the first place? At such a young age, many are still immature and don't make the best decisions. We're telling them it's ok to have sex at 15...as long as it's protected. But I don't think we should just be worried about teenagers getting pregnant. As a christian, I don't believe in having sex before married. I feel like it'd be so worth it to wait and give it all to the one you fall in love with and marry. I dont think it should be just a careless act that makes you feel good for an hour or two. It should be a special, meaningful thing between two people who know they want to be with each other the rest of their lives. I'm not saying everyone should wait until their married, although that's the decision I've made. I'm saying that I think teenagers are too young to have sex. No matter how mature they are. I believe that it'd be a better choice to wait until you're old enough and actually ready. ~Just a thought~

MissDarkCrossThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:50 pm:

I've been thinking about this topic for a long time now, and I even wrote a article about it, which is pending now.

I am a christian but, I don't know what to believe in..on that part..if you should wait until your married, or not..If you love a person honestly LOVE a person, and your not "hooking" up or "practicing" is should be alright.

I hate the fact that teenagers, (I am a teenager also ;D) feel the need to go out and have sex..just for the fun of it..and ther... (more »)

OpenDoors said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm:
As a fellow Christain i agree with what you are saying and appreciate that you had some guts to says this... Thanks

mikamika94 said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 3:07 pm:
I appreciate your thought and I think you have a really good opinion. Obviously, you seem to be very mature. But I have a question: What do you think of the teenagers who feel they are ready to take that step or who have already taken that step? And if they've already taken that step and they decided before having sex that they we're going to get married when they were old enough? Does it lower your opinion of them as people? (I really don't mean this offensively; I'm jus... (more »)

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 9:14 am:
I am a Christian too, and I think that there is such a thing as teenage love, and, to be honest, if parents or elders were to tell us kids that we couldn't have sex or date, what do you think we'd do? We'd do it anyway. I think that's why they keep telling us "Have safe sex " and all that other bull. So I don't think it's because they want us to go off and get pregnant , they just know there's basically no way to get teens to not want to try.

Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 5:38 pm:
I'm not saying you're wrong. I agree mostly. But kids are always going to want to experiment. So, saying have safe sex is better than just hoping they don't do it. They will anyway.

Savor~the~MomentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:32 pm:
I totally agree with you. It seems to me like meaningless party sex would be less special than having your first time on your wedding night with the one you love. Good article, keep writing