Love, love,Love? | Teen Ink

Love, love,Love?

When someone says they love you,
do you think they really mean it? Its just another four letter word, theres tons of other four letter words, like l-i-e-s, or n-o-o-o.(lol) But, Im so freaking irritated how some of us overuse the word "LOVE". "Oh i Love HIM!". Oh really now? How long have you guys been dating? "A week!" Wowww. My mouth is open, please. Some close it for me. Don't say You love someone unless for sure, you DO love them unconditionally. Like your parents,siblings,family basically. And Music, or any other things that have interested you for the longest time.
Anyways,
whenever my boyfriend says he loves me, I don't know if i could believe him. I mean we only been together for 5 months now. I know, its not alot. But, i don't know. I think i need some help here. Maybe.

Sabby SILVER said...
Sabby SILVER, Cullman, Alabama

"Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting." ~Edmund Burke

Love is something that can be known without being said; in actions, in looks, in smiles, and in anything. Sometimes you just know it's there and nothing can change that. It doesn't matter if you've been together 5 months or 5 days. Sometimes you just know. I don't feel that there is any set time when it's the right time to say "I love you." It depends on the person, the relationship, and the circumstances. I just know that when my boyfriend says it, I believe it. If you can't trust that he is telling the truth when he does tell you, how have you been trusting him all along? Most guys actually mean what they say and don't just want you for physical reasons. So don't chalk him up to be just another guy; one who doesn't care and who is just saying those things to be saying them. Guys deserve the benefit of the doubt, and us girls, well, we don't give it to them often enough. I wish you the best in your relationship and if it isn't the one, I wish you all the happiness the world has to offer. Good luck.

Devilette BRONZE, Hines, Minnesota

It's the quiet ones who're the most passionate, bad or good intentions aren't an obstacle.

I can't tell you if he actually means it, but usually a boy's background says everything. Is he one that takes love lightly? But I can say that if you love him, if you search inside you, don't be afraid to. You know the old saying: Love like you've never been hurt. You miss out on something great if you're too afraid.