Unknown! | Teen Ink

Unknown!

By WritersDelight14 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois
WritersDelight14 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" -William Shakespere

Love is unknown! I don’t know what it is and neither do you so I ask someone wise. They don't know what it is either. We all know it is a feeling we can't control nor understand. We can't understand why it makes us feel the way we do. Now many of us say we are in love. Many of us abuse the word love like we know what it means the dictionary defines Love as affection for a person of the opposite sex or the same sex, or an object of affection, and/or a sweetheart or as any strong liking or affection. But, what dose the dictionary know, it has no feeling at all. So how can something with no feelings what so ever tell us about something we as man kind can't understand nor can explain? So I ask do understand love? Because I know I don’t!

I wrote this poem in 7th grade!

on Feb. 2 2010 at 10:35 am

I think your kinda right but at the time i didn't know so it meant to me that it was unknown and i still don't really fully grasps its meaning! but u do and thats great!!!!

on Feb. 2 2010 at 10:16 am
Dustfingers DIAMOND, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"Love to be Loved"

I don't think love is unknown. Love is soemthing that everyone wants so when they catch certain feelings for soemone they'll label it love when it really is jsut liking. I think love is when you'd give your al, even your last breath for whatever person that it might be, giving them more of yourself than you give your ownself. Then agin I think love is meant to felt when it comes and the more we try to ananlize it and find ut what it really is the more we jsut keep chasing our tails