Give Love, Get Love | Teen Ink

Give Love, Get Love

By shreya756 PLATINUM, Gurgaon, Haryana, Other
shreya756 PLATINUM, Gurgaon, Haryana, Other

When it gets dark only then can you see the stars...
If a million people believe in a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

People sometimes misunderstand the true meaning of love. It is not only when people get all starry eyed and stare at each other for a long, long time. Friendship too consists of love. When, you are ready to stand by your friend in the toughest of times or when your friend stands by you in your tough times. To many, this is known as friendship. However, behind it is hidden the purest form of love.
The world would be a much better place if there was peace and friendship everywhere. Don’t you think? No countries would be fighting. Nobody would kill one another and World War 3 wouldn’t be around the corner. Therefore, peace also consists of love.
Many a times, I would wonder, why people hate each other. Now, when I come to think of it, I have my answer. If we give love, we get love. In the same way, if we give hatred, we get hatred.
However, we have hatred to thank for something. Consider this, if everybody loved each other, the world would be a (much, much) better place. But, then the true meaning of love would not be understood. Thus, because of hatred, we value love, because if there was no hatred, love would hold no meaning.
As George MacDonald once said, ‘Love is an emotion experienced by many, enjoyed by a few…’ There are several forms of love. Now, it is up to us to make sure that we experience all of them and enjoy at least a few until our last breath…

This is something I wrote, in school for a The United Nations Youth Program Writing Contest. I have just modifies a little. This article's main point is to tell the world that life is a journey which is made worthwhile because of love.