The Most Dangerous Words in the World | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Words in the World

January 11, 2010
By Imjustjess BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Imjustjess BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love all, trust few.


The word love scares people. It gives us a sense of power, a sense of belonging. When someone tells you that they love you it could be the best feeling in the world, or the worst. Some people just say it, because they don’t know what else is left. However, there are others who are completely sure. I know that some don’t believe it exists, or that there’s no true meaning to the word love. With TRUE love however, there are exceptions. There are reasons behind saying “I love you” to someone, and if someone really means it, they might be at a loss for words or have too many to write. I don’t just say those words to anyone. Why? Because I know who I am, and I know where I stand. I’m not afraid to take chances, to take risks. Where would we be without them? Don’t be so confused or scared, just take a breath out of life. Take a step back and just relax, and think about things not with your head, but with your heart. Let me show you what I mean… to me:
Love is when you hear that person’s name, and everything freezes. Love is when you’re out at a party having fun with your friends, and you find yourself in a zone thinking of that one person. It’s when you get sudden urges to just want to talk to them for no reason, when you can see anything and make it somehow remind you of them.
Love is when you think about that same person every night before bed, and keep them in your prayers even when they don’t deserve to be there. It’s when you wake up in the morning, hoping that you have a missed call or a text from them. Love is when you don’t have that person in your life, and you dream about them. Your dreams are so real and feel so good, because you’re actually seeing or feeling that one person; and you would just rather sleep all day because reality just isn’t that great with out them in your life.

It’s when you could set aside one whole day, and from beginning to end have a million things to say about them. Love is when even after not seeing that person for a long time, after just five minutes knowing something is wrong. Love is being able to read that person inside and out, and knowing that even when they say that everything is okay, everything is really not.
Love is about fighting through the struggles, and wanting to get through them; even though it may mean tears and hurt feelings. It’s about not caring what others think, or have said or want for you. Love is when you close your eyes and you see their face, it’s when you can’t help but smile when you see them walking towards you. Love is about wanting only that one person, because for some crazy reason no one else just seems good enough. It’s about finding a flaw in everyone else you try to love, it’s about comparing who you really love to those you do not, and it’s not about just the surface, it’s so much more.
It’s knowing they’ll always be there for you, no matter how many hurtful things they’ve said in the past. It’s about holding their hand and feeling safe. Love is when without that person you feel lost and confused, even though you tell yourself you’re not. Love isn’t about keeping track of time, but losing track of time; and knowing that it doesn’t matter how long you have or haven’t been together, but just knowing. It’s about forgiving and forgetting. It’s about pushing forward, yet never wanting a good moment to end.
Love is when you have things that remind you of that person, and they suddenly become your most precious gifts. Love is when you hear others saying hurtful things about that person, and you feel just as hurt as they would, if they had heard it themselves. Love is about realizing you’re not the same unless they’re there, and it’s about bettering yourself with them around. It’s so much more than just having fun with that person, or finding things in common. It’s about a deeper connection, and even if you don’t know every little thing about that person, you still know them better than they know themselves. It’s when you feel like everyday spent without them is a lost cause.
Love is when you hug your pillow at night, and fall asleep thinking it’s that one person when you don’t have them with you. Love is when you can easily lay in bed with them all day. Love is about forgetting the world around you when you’re together, and when you hold each other you don’t have a care in the world.
Love is about knowing, knowing that without that person there is something missing. It’s about digging deep inside and asking yourself if you can truly be happy without them around. Love is about looking to your future, and seeing that person next to you, and it’s about knowing that if they’re not there then you’re just not going to be happy; even if you pretend. Love is being at a loss for words, yet being able to write a million about what love really is.

Love is out there, and it’s real. Everyone has their own stories, and so everyone will have their own definition. Love is confusing and it’s not something to take for granted nor to be pushed aside. It’s something to cherish, and to hold on to as long as you can. No one can predict the future, and no one can say they will love someone forever. But you can promise someone that all of these things are true. Love isn’t something to be played with, it can heal but it can kill just as easily. It’s not a game yet it can’t be taken too seriously. Love is whatever you make it, but before you say it you better make sure you know it’s for sure, because those three words “I love you” are the most dangerous words in the world.


The author's comments:
This was actually a letter I wrote to my x-boyfriend awhile back. Also...I have "I Love You" and then the title directly underneath it tattooed on my ribcage. I'm weird, I know.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 19 comments.


Sir_Bromsten said...
on Oct. 8 2012 at 11:14 pm
Sir_Bromsten, Scottsdale, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
-Helen Keller

You wrote the words that have been in my head for a long time now, and I'm glad to see them in black and white, just the way I would have written them.  Ever since I met a very special someone in my life and became best friends with them, those words have been alive.

on Dec. 5 2011 at 5:12 pm
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 324 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Tears. Pouring down my face. Right now. I love this. I couldn't have said it better.

JasonG. said...
on Apr. 18 2011 at 12:22 pm
JasonG., Otto, Wyoming
0 articles 1 photo 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
why work against the system when its easier to work with the system. -unknown

when i started to read this, i started to cry. and as i kept reading on, the more i cried. the girl that i love right now left me because i was being stupid and flirting with other girls. i was so stupid for not opening my eyes sooner, because now it may be to late. :/

keep writing, and keep up the good work. :)


JasonG. said...
on Apr. 18 2011 at 12:20 pm
JasonG., Otto, Wyoming
0 articles 1 photo 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
why work against the system when its easier to work with the system. -unknown

And if you are in love with someone, dont be stupid and mess around. because then the person that you love will leave you and it will take a long time just to get their trust back. :/

on Mar. 17 2011 at 6:25 pm
ShelbyMarie93 PLATINUM, Lexington, Nebraska
35 articles 1 photo 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When Death to either shall come -- I pray it be first to me." ~Robert Bridges
or
"Life is not a jump; it's a headfirst dive."
or
"Within you I lose myself; without you I find myself wanting to be lost again."

╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯`v´¯)
╚══`.¸.Isaac H.

Hmmm...I wonder why :P

isaacjames16 said...
on Mar. 17 2011 at 3:57 pm
i agree :)

on Mar. 17 2011 at 8:25 am
ShelbyMarie93 PLATINUM, Lexington, Nebraska
35 articles 1 photo 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When Death to either shall come -- I pray it be first to me." ~Robert Bridges
or
"Life is not a jump; it's a headfirst dive."
or
"Within you I lose myself; without you I find myself wanting to be lost again."

╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯`v´¯)
╚══`.¸.Isaac H.

I love this! It describes what love is and should be so perfectly! I sent this link to the guy I'm in love with, I hope you don't mind lol.

Keep writing, you're amazing! :)


on Feb. 25 2011 at 5:35 pm
SomethingLikeFire BRONZE, Mchenry, Illinois
1 article 1 photo 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?" -
-- The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

u hit home on everything love is and should be. if u r not in love with someone. why pretend? its something that is dangerous and sage at the same time and u described exactly that

great job!!


DotKing GOLD said...
on Feb. 24 2011 at 2:23 pm
DotKing GOLD, Climax, Michigan
10 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have been driven to my knees many times simply by the stark realization that i had no where else to go" Abe Linclon
"The fear of God is the Death of every other fear" C.H. Spurgeon

I'll be honest, I disagreed slightly with some of what you said, but that last paragraph really got me., you are exactly right when you say everyone has their own stories and definitions. This is a fantastic piece and I absolutely loved it! <3 

and4aslan GOLD said...
on Feb. 23 2011 at 2:43 pm
and4aslan GOLD, Livonia, Michigan
13 articles 21 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Close your eyes, and keep your mind wide open" -Bridge to Terabithia
"If I've learned anything, it's that my mascara isn't waterproof." -Sammie Jameston (Mascara Isn't Waterproof)
"When I say I love you. You say you don't deserve it. When I say I need you . You say I deserve someone better, When I say my life is better with you. You say I don't know any better. But when I kiss you, you say I love you, When I have to go, you say I need you. When I am with you, you know, that there is no better feeling then our love coming together and that is something we both deserve."

This is really amazing! It reminds me of my boyfriend. All of the things you want to say but don't know how. You've explained it all. <3 You're an amazing writer!! Keep up the awesome work! (:

on Feb. 23 2011 at 2:46 am
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
1 article 3 photos 253 comments

i really loved it 

this is the first time that i really  200% liked it so well written and this may make any boy friend fall in love with u 


on Feb. 23 2011 at 12:34 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
33 articles 3 photos 310 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

















TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

oh gosh, you make love sound so heavenly. What if one person DOES love someone (and everything on the list you posted applied) but the person didn't love them back?

on Jan. 31 2011 at 4:38 pm
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa
24 articles 0 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Brilliant powerful astonishing truthful and does the subject justice. That is what this article is. It defies logic and its amazing.

on Oct. 13 2010 at 8:26 pm
OMGEEZY Soooo LongStory Short...I REALLY LIKED this. A LOT. It hehehe...it reminded me of mi boyfriendd...I liked how LEGIT<3 aand, just...more POWRFUL it made L<3VE sound.

on Aug. 30 2010 at 5:05 pm
silence-is-loud GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
10 articles 0 photos 135 comments

Favorite Quote:
FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE- MUHAMMID ALI

WOWZERS!!! i hear the word love about 50 times a day. and i never knew what it meant... until u wrote this. the word love is so overused these days....

on Jan. 17 2010 at 4:52 pm
Imjustjess BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love all, trust few.

:)

I'm glåd you liked it.

on Jan. 17 2010 at 4:52 pm
Imjustjess BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love all, trust few.

Thånk you so much! It means a lot to me!

loveee said...
on Jan. 15 2010 at 5:38 pm
loveee, Hancock, Maine
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments
okay. i agree with eeevvverrrything you said:)) that is probable the longest thing i have read that was just about what love is. but everything you said was true[:

ic3Y said...
on Jan. 14 2010 at 2:10 am
0.m.g!!!!!! That was like so amazing... i cant rember the last time i read something that had me on edge like that. I believe everYthing ur saying 100%... EverYthing is ust so true... W0W!!!