Somebody for Everybody | Teen Ink

Somebody for Everybody

December 15, 2009
By Kalee_Cav SILVER, Albany, New York
Kalee_Cav SILVER, Albany, New York
9 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Only fear can keep you from accomplishing goals


“There is always some madness in love, but there is always some reason in madness” I suppose love has the power to be nothing but the silent saying of someone’s name under your breath. For me love is spending a week at my family camp on Saranac Lake. I can’t describe the feeling that rushes through my veins as the three hour journey closes and I am finally able to get out of the car, say hello to everyone and jump off the dock into the cool refreshing water. This is a place only tied together by love. My grandfather bought this camp in 1966 my fathers family of five spent the whole summer up at the camp, along with many other families from Long Island. Coincidentally, my mother’s parents also bought a camp on Saranac lake three years later. My mother was two when my parents met, my father 4. Every summer they went to their family camps, growing old as great friends, and finally falling in love. My camp on Saranac Lake means even more to me now than it did when I was nine or ten because, three years ago my parents got divorced.



Love is known to some as the poetry of senses, when I go to my family camp I feel not only free from the worries of suburbia, but I feel like part of a love story, my camp is a fantasy world one in which love is everlasting and always remembered. To me my camp is a place where friendships are created based on love. Family traditions are continued based on love. Water runs on the small beach surrounded by camps built in the 1800’s and every night there is a campfire full of laughter and marshmallows…and love.



Love is something magical, something dependable and something warm. Whenever I am upset, it is not Romeo or Juliet who make a smile appear on my face, but the faces of my parents and the fact that love is real, love can happen and like all things love can be conquered but the strongest of all loves can last. "Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful". Love is beautiful, and I believe there is a somebody out there for everybody.


The author's comments:
true story.