Is It Truly Worth It? | Teen Ink

Is It Truly Worth It?

Is is worth it? I am fully aware that my english teachers drill into my head, on a daily basis no doubt, about how we never use rhetorical questions unless we are more experienced or professional writers, but the question begs to be asked.
Is it truly worth it?
You see, my cousin, who shall remain nameless, is utterly careless in all she does. I've told her time and time again that she is slowly killing herself.
Experimentation, drinking, parties and boyfriends all leads up to her crying at school on Monday about how things went so downhill after things started off great.
She doesn't understand her destructive behavior and it kills all of our mutual friends to see such a downward spiral.
Her boyfriend is three years older and lies but, she doesnt see it. She doesn't see alot of things anymore. It's just tears and sorrow, which I and my friends are left to clean up.
She doesnt care though, If you explain all the terrible lies to her she simply says 'Oh well, I'm young, he's hot, I don't care.'
She only cares that she keeps her comfortable lies safe so that she doesnt truly see. So, I ask her everyday, in an attempt to stop her self- destructiveness, is it worth it?
She never answers.